#MagentoImagine2017 or 62 things I’ve never known/done/mentioned before…
(1) Filling out an ESTA-form is not that easy, as I thought. Errors will be punished by switching the country of birth, my address occurs this switch several times. 3x ö, 1x ß.
(2) Wearing black makes it easier to travel with a light pack, so you don’t have any stress stowing an award on the way back.
(3) Getting married means, that you need a new passport. The production of passports takes a very long time. If you want to travel to the USA you need a passport. There is a correlation between these three sentences.
(4) First thing, I earned from Imagine: legroom neurosis.
(5) I want this bus for all the food and the stuff at the MageUnconference.
(6) The best public restrooms I’ve ever seen are at the Iceland airport.
(8) Because of @benmarks I learned how to activate geotagging on twitter (he’s stubborn!)
(11) Driving vehicles with automatic transmission is not that simple and intuitive as I thought. This became VERY clear after I got behind the wheel. (I had a feeling of friendship the moment they let me drove nevertheless).
(14) The USA has a lot of iron.
(15) Sometimes „not charging“ means „never charging again“. Please hold on for a minute and say goodbye to „Kahmsminimäck“ and perhaps goodbuy to „Kahmsminimäck2“.
About the USA
(17) Starbucks is everywhere.
(20) Till today, I haven’t understood, how to tip the waiter. I need @lfolco to configure my tax and checkout calculation sometimes.
(21) Water contains a lot of chlorine. There is a theory that tthis is the reason for the white teeth of so many American people.
(23) It’s true, that the air is perfumed in Las Vegas. (I really recommend this article, unfortunately only in German: http://www.zeit.de/2017/13/las-vegas-kasinos-drogen-urlaub-mafia-tourismus)
(24) It’s not possible to find a place without noise.
(25) I really liked the awakening and the beautiful views.
(26) Most people are carrying beverages with them.
(27) Many woman are wearing bikinis or wedding dresses.
(28) I also want to construct a hotel in Las Vegas. (Did I mentioned, that I like Hello Kitty?)
(29) Brent Peterson is tall.
(30) Brent Peterson isn’t smiling the whole time.
(31) Running downhill is easier than uphill (okay, I already knew that before…)
(34) Wynn. ends with a dot, Encore not.
(36) The only purpose of some things is being the backdrop of photos. One day, for one day I only want to take picutres from people, who are taking pictures from people in front of this.
(38) Sockets are hard to find everywhere in the world.
(39) The important day is day 2. Therefore searching for the keynote ends at day 2.
(40) Ben Marks is a musician.
(41) I didn’t met Mark Lavelle before. A very pleasant surprise.
(42) Partys are ending EXACTLY ON TIME.
(43) Many new Magento employees were on stage, and I was wondering, if „able to entertain“ has been a job requirement.
(47) Beta version of a security scan tool for Magento installation has been released. Wohoo….
(48) Magento Enterprise Edition becomes more and more B2B.
(52) James Zelten is a man who performs arguments and seeks dialogue with the community (A few minutes, I’ve been a bit confused about his eyeslashes at the LEGENDARY party, but the reason was located near the entry).
(53) Hottest topics furthermore: Magento Social, Magento Shipping, Advanced CMS, Business Intelligence.
(56) Round tables at the Dev Exchange were well used and the concept was great.
(57) Before the Imagine, I didn’t know, that Lamas and dogs are a new currency.
(62) I was especially pleased to meet all the other Magento Masters IRL, in particular Andra and Alessandro. Looking forward to seeing you all again!
If you really want to READ something more about the Magento Imagine 2017, you find a few more words here: